Job Type: Full time
The Downer Transport Services division is proudly supporting New Plymouth’s infrastructure with new and improved roads and pathways. But we can’t do it alone, we need you! Seeking a Maintenance Patrol Person to support the region on smaller maintenance initiatives and urgent repair work across the area. This is a great opportunity to join a reputable company that looks after its people.
About the role:
You will be responsible for patrolling designated roads and conducting routine and emergency maintenance to ensure the safety of the public. Your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Pothole repairs of both sealed and unsealed roads
- Sign Maintenance and repairs
- Clearing of vegetation and litter collection
- Clearing obstructions from carriageway, footpaths and drainage systems
- Cleaning and maintaining culvert inlets and outlets as well as roadside furniture
- Maintain accurate asset information in RAMM as required to NZTA specifications
You will primarily have a can-do attitude and a willingness to get stuck into whatever task may be at hand. You will come with some experience working on road maintenance activities and have a passion for public safety. You will be self-driven to respond appropriately to urgent and hazardous jobs and able to work efficiently while unsupervised. You will also:
- Hold a current Class 2 Drivers Licence
- Be able to identify and rate faults
- Show good initiative and be confident in decision-making and problem-solving
- Available to respond to after-hours call-outs when rostered
- Confident in communicating with the public and management
- Show commitment to a Zero Harm environment
Why join Downer?
Take charge of this role and your workload and we’ll reward you accordingly! This is a stable position covering ongoing maintenance activity and with a guarantee of 40 hours per week. We can offer you:
- Access to a range of corporate discounts and benefits including offers for subsidised insurance, counselling services, gym memberships and retail discounts etc.
- Coverage under the AWUNZ Central North Island Collective Agreement with access to penal rates, meal allowances and more!
- A supportive team environment where you’re trusted and given the tools to deliver and excel in your career.
- A varied work environment where no two days will be the same
- Tools of trade including a Downer uniform and PPE
- Play a part in the safety of the general public and your team
How to apply:
If you are a professional who’s looking for your next career move, register your interest at www.downercareers.co.nz using reference number 593357.
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long-term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol-free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.