Job Type: Full time
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our passionate and high-performing team in Gisborne as a Contract Administrator. In this busy and varied role, you’ll be the ‘face’ of our Gisborne office and will be providing high quality support, administration and coordination to our team with a strong health and safety focused approach.
What’s on offer?
You’ll be building your career with an organisation that’s committed to inspiring futures. You’ll also be:
- Part of a fun, friendly and supportive team
- Able to go for site visits to know how our crew works and put a picture to your tasks
- Provide support and ongoing training to be successful in this role
- Able to experience different parts of the Downer business
About the role
Reporting to the Business Support Manager, you’ll be responsible for providing high quality administration and contract support to the team while ensuring all contract administration functions are carried out to high standards. Bring your collaboration skills to the fore as daily communication and support for the team will be a big aspect of this role. Along with this, you’ll also:
- Raise purchase orders, invoices and work orders as requested
- Collect information for timesheets and input and collate event and reports
- Liaise with various departments and internal managers and assist with new start inductions
- Do claim management and compile competency reports from our training days
- Take meeting minutes and manage the reception for a for a few hours in the absence of the receptionist
Where no two days will be the same, your highly organised approach and excellent attention to detail would be key to your success in this role. You’ll be pleasant and friendly but also not afraid to speak up and push back when needed. There’ll be multiple deadlines and cut-offs to meet in a month, hence it is a must for you to be deadline-focussed and have spectacular time-management skills. Along with these, you will also have:
- Previous experience in a similar or a client-facing customer service role
- Proven financial acumen with experience in raising POs, invoices and claims
- Proficiency in using RAMM would be desirable but not essential
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence in building and maintaining relationships at all levels
- High level of proficiency in MS Office suite with some knowledge of JD Edwards (or similar be an advantage)
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in a diverse business. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment.
How to apply?
If you are looking for a challenge and want to use your administration skills and experience in a job that has plenty to offer, don’t delay and apply now!
Head to our careers website at www.downercareers.co.nz and search for job reference number 596350.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible