Job Type: Full time
A bit about your role:
Downer NZ has a wonderful opportunity for a Water Serviceperson to join their team supporting the Christchurch region. This position is available for either an experienced Water Serviceperson or alternatively a candidate who is keen to work outside and enjoy using your practical skills, ideally you come from a relevant industry such as civil, construction, farming, roading, agriculture or have trade qualifications and/or experience.
- Be a tradesman in 6 -12 months – provided phone, tools and equipment + work vehicle (once time in the business).
- Join a hardworking, close-knit team who are looking to excel!
A bit about you:
- A full driver's licence and class 2 HT licence preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in either civil construction, labouring, agriculture work, preferably involved in water, wastewater and stormwater but not necessary
- Proven experience or an interest in Water Reticulation
- Ideally experience working with Water Mains and Service lines
- Traffic management skills TC and or STMS trained would be an advantage
- Current confined space entry trained would be an advantage
- Strong focus on Health and Safety
- A great attitude, willing to learn new skills and build a stable, safe career!
What we can offer you:
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
A role with Downer New Zealand can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 596019 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.