Network Inspector - Hamilton
Job Type: Full time
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Based in Hamilton, the Network Inspector will report to the Senior Network Inspector and will be responsible for the coordination of an efficient and effective network inspection system. The key function will be undertaking inspections to identify, log defects and monitor maintenance to the network. With this data recording you will also assist in preparing the maintenance programmes and provide support to the Asset management team. This role requires good customer relationship skills to develop relationships with client representatives.
On a day-to-day basis you will be:
- Inspecting road corridor assets, record all faults defects and propose suitable solutions
- Ensure all operations meet Health & Safety requirements
- Identify risks and make corrective actions where required
- Auditing completed work with a focus on quality
- Assisting in the development of maintenance programmes
- Providing support to field staff on field programming tools such as Pocket RAMM
- Interpreting work assignment instructions and applying appropriate procedures and selecting equipment
To be successful in this role it is essential that you have the following:
- At least 3 years’ experience in the development of maintenance programmes through field inspections
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering, or equivalent
- Organised and systematic approach to working environment
- Planning and organisation skills
- A positive/proactive work ethic
- RAMM contractor experience
- Full Class 1 Driver’s Licence
- Self-driven with ability to work on your own, and as part of a team
In return we offer:
- $60,000.00 to $75,000.00 gross per annum
- Guaranteed 40 hours of work per week
- Leadership Pathway Development Programs
- Dedicated Learning and Development team
- A heavily subsidised membership to our Community Trust Partner that enables you and your family access to healthcare benefits, discounted access to over 150 holiday homes in great locations across New Zealand.
- Special rates and discounts through our partners across Healthcare, Gyms, Banking and Insurance
- Working for an organisation that not only works on building better stronger communities but within those communities; where we offer training and meaningful work, through our Corporate Social Outcomes team
You will love being a part of the Downer lifestyle, come and see for yourself why we are the crème de la crème of employers as we continue to build our future! Literally.
How to Apply:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 596533 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.