Job Type: Full time
WHO WE ARE
Downer designs, builds and sustains assets, infrastructure and facilities and we are the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
In Tasmania, we provide a wide range of construction and engineering services through our specialist business units and our subsidiary company VEC Civil Engineering.
We have deep local knowledge and experience, combined with national scale and capability, and we are highly regarded for expertise in the following areas:
- Road sealing and maintenance, and associated asphalt manufacturing
- Forestry, parks and rural unsealed road construction and maintenance services
- Landfill construction and operation
- Design and construction of complex structures, with a strong focus on bridges
- Manufacture of precast concrete and steel componentry
- General civil construction
We currently have an opportunity for a Communication Officer to join our high-performing business. This role is an opportunity to start your long-term career with a business experiencing ongoing growth.
Reporting to the Communication and Stakeholder Engagement Manager you will work within a collaborative and supportive team environment. This is a full-time role and flexible working arrangements may be available. Some intrastate travel is required.
- Prepare written and visual content suitable for a variety of formats including newsletter, website and social media.
- Develop and implement a content management plan for internal and external communication.
- Develop relationships across the business, including through site visits to projects across the state.
- Support execution of communication and engagement strategies.
- Support development of material for tender documents.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work with an energetic, highly-skilled team
- Championing health and safety initiatives for all our employees
- Competitive remuneration under an Enterprise Agreement
- A long-term career opportunity to work with an ASX-listed company
Previous experience in a similar position will be highly regarded, however we will also consider candidates at the beginning of their career with tertiary qualifications.
You will have:
- A Bachelor of Communication or Public Relations or equivalent experience in communication or marketing roles
- Strong written communication skills across multiple formats
- Well-developed verbal and interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise effectively with multiple stakeholders
- A high level of attention to detail
- Skills in photography, video and graphic design will be highly regarded
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
For more information, please contact Tisha Wiggins on 0487 106 596.
As an employer that embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.