Business Support Administrator
Location: Hawke's Bay
Job Type: Full time
About the role:
The Business Support Administrator plays a fundamental role within the team. This will be a busy and varied role and you will be tasked with ensuring administration functions are carried out to a consistently high level of service, provide quality administration and contract support services to team members. The role offers responsibility and autonomy so you must be highly organised with plenty of initiative.
Other duties include:
- Processing of Purchase Orders, Invoices and Payments
- Assisting in administrating the delivery of contract services to our clients
- Updating of data within Job Management Systems and supporting the accuracy of financial claims
- Provide administration and contract support services
- Implement organisation and improvement of data filing and data capture systems
- Assisting in the production of financial / KPI / monthly reports
- Subcontractor claim processing and administration management
- Other general office administration as required
You’ll also ensure that all systems and processes are continuously being improved on.
Your pleasant and friendly demeanour, highly organised approach and excellent data entry skills will ensure you are successful in this role. Your positive, can-do attitude and ability to learn new tasks will see you thrive.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills & experience:
- People focused with great communication and relationship building skills
- Experience with accurate data entry and administration support
- Exceptional problem solving skills, initiative thinking and common sense
- Proficient and experienced in using Microsoft Office suite of tools with JD Edwards experience being an advantage
- Desirable to have experience using Job Management Systems and database management
- Organised, methodical with high levels of attention to detail and proven time management skills
What’s in it for you?
- Stable, international organisation who values its people
- Excellent opportunities for career growth within the business
- A competitive salary for the right candidate
- A truly collaborative operation with plenty of training and support
- A great team of people and supportive environment
This role demands flexibility and the ability to self-manage so if this sounds like the next step for you in your career, apply today.
To put an application forward, please go to www.downercareers.co.nz and use job reference number 596439.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.