Job Type: Full time
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
NEWest Alliance is a multidisciplinary collaboration between CPB Contractors and Downer , working with the Public Transport Authority to deliver two projects (Yanchep Rail Extension and Thornlie-Cockburn Link) as part of METRONET.
Across two projects (Yanchep Rail Extension and Thornlie-Cockburn Link ), the Alliance will add 32 Kms of track to Perth's rail network, 5 new stations and 3 station modifications.
As an Experienced Surveyor reporting to the Surveyor Manager , your role is to effectively provide on-site engineering support to assist in the achievement of the required objectives of the project working within the earthworks team based in Butler or Bibra Lake.
The successful applicant will have:
- Applying principles of surveying to comply with the Scope of Works and Technical Criteria (SWTC)
- Quantitative and qualitative risk assessment and development and monitoring of risk controls and actions involved in delivery and implementation of projects.
- Experience in supporting machine guidance systems and earthworks.
- Experience in set out and constructed survey of drainage and sewer services, utilities and MCR services.
- Communicate risks and their controls with the right people at the right time
- Experience in structures surveys (Bridges, Station buildings and Walls etc.)
- Experience working in a rail environment. Experience working on new or existing rail is highly regarded.
- Recent experience in a similar role with a preference for large scale roads and/or infrastructure projects.
- Experience in GIS platforms (Arcmap, ArcGIS Pro, Geo Cortex and Global mapper)
- Autodesk Civil3d, 12d software (including 12d field)
- Inground Utilities data management in accordance with AS5488
- Ability to maintain productive relationships and clear lines of communication with the Project Team including sub-contractor
- Degree graduate: minimum 2 years' experience
- Diploma: minimum 4 years' experience
- Managed self and team within discipline to deliver work
- Applying principles of surveying to comply with the scope of works technical criteria (SWTC)
- Demonstrated time management to include planning up to 4 weeks ahead and reporting against assigned tasks
WHAT WE OFFER
- Our Zero Harm initiative: A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all on the Downer team
- Attractive, market competitive remuneration package
- A superior employee benefits package including discounted health cover options and salary sacrifice options
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
- A genuine career path to high performers seeking to develop their career within a growing company
For more information contact: Kunjal.Shah2@downergroup.com. Please do not send resumes to this email address as they will not be accepted.