Location: Hawke's Bay
Job Type: Full time
We are building up our team to deliver exceptional services – Downer’s Transport Services team are seeking an exceptional Asset Engineer to be based in Napier, Hawkes Bay to help us deliver on our new Ahuriri Alliance Contract!
We have an exciting opportunity to become part of this high performing team as an Asset Engineer. Reporting to the Regional Asset Manager, this role is responsible for the planning and delivery of the annual plan of construction and maintenance road works alongside other members of the planning and asset management team.
About the role:
As the Asset Engineer you will be a part of the planning team and provide support to the delivery and technical services teams as well as internal and external supply partners as one collaborative group. The Asset Engineer will be well supported by an experienced team of Asset Information Managers and Technicians who work across various contracts.
You will find yourself performing tasks such as but not limited to:
- Managing the processes associated with the provision of data and condition collection
- Asset Inventory/database management and oversight of data quality, to ensure updating of assets and new are entered into asset register
- Carry out historical data analysis, treatment selection and the development of the forward works programmes
- Provide technical detail to client Annual Plans and Activity Management Plans
- Work with operational staff to ensure maintenance intervention strategies are followed and decisions are made with a "best for network" approach
- Training and developing the supplier team in the use of asset management processes and tools
- Facilitate the development & management of maintenance programmes of works
- Assisting the Planning Manager and client with information collection, statistics and analysis.
- Desirable to hold tertiary Engineering qualification or similar, but not essential
- Must have worked in a similar role and have good Asset Management/ Engineering knowledge
- Must be able to adopt a risk based approach and apply engineering judgement
- Have good analytical and computer skills (particularly relational database skills) with particular experience in RAMM database requirements and data quality
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills with ability to liaise between operational and technical
- Ability to train and coach others
- Great relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Proven time and work management/prioritisation skills
Perks & Benefits:
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services with the commitment to building long-term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Working for a progressive and reliable organisation, you will be offered:
- A competitive salary plus private use of a company vehicle
- You will receive ongoing mentoring, training, and development opportunities
- Range of retail benefits and discounts
- Home/ Family discounts in Health and Fitness
- Long Service Recognition
- Employee Assistance Programme for individuals and family
The Asset Engineer will ensure that key customer and key stakeholder relationships are enhanced and good working relationships are maintained and developed.
If you are looking for that next step where you can really focus on solutions and make a difference, then this is the opportunity for you.
To be considered for this role, please put an application forward by going to www.downercareers.co.nz and using job reference number 596461.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.