Commercial Finance Analyst - Rail
Job Type: Full time
About the role:
Downer Rail and Transit Systems Division has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Analyst to join our team in Melbourne. This is a full-time permanent opportunity.
The Finance Analyst is a key member of the finance team providing project accounting and finance services to operational business units. The key objective of the role is to assist the Commercial Finance Manager analyse, report, monitor and seek improvements in delivery of financial objectives.
You will provide input to the preparation of operational and capital annual budgets and business plans, in accordance with Division requirements as well as assist in the development of corrective measures to address unfavourable variances to budget.
You will also perform Month-end tasks as required within required timeframes, including, Finalisation of Monthly result, Reporting, Reconciliations, Cashflow & Monthly forecasts.
- Tertiary level qualifications in accounting or commerce.
- At least 3 years’ experience in financial / management accounting in a medium sized commercial operation
- Project planning; organisational and time management skills.
- Developed financial planning and budgeting skills: review budget discrepancies and implement/future planning for solutions
- Ability to interpret and apply contracts’ terms and legislation provisions.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to work with an ASX Listed Company
- Flexible work arrangements, WFH options available
- A highly supportive, team environment.
- Supportive and inclusive culture
- Outstanding corporate and safety culture with great employee benefits
- A strong commitment to maintaining a Zero Harm environment for all.
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support.
You will be part of an organisation that employs over 53,000 employees in Australia and New Zealand as a leading provider of integrated services across diverse markets such as Rail, Transport, Telecommunications, Utilities, Renewables, Engineering, Construction, Industrial Services, Mining, Defence and a leading Facilities Management service provider in health, catering, and education.
We pride ourselves as a workplace that takes responsibility for the care and protection of peers, the business, the environment and the communities in which we operate.
Our Rail & Transit Systems (RTS) business provides a range of end to end, innovative transport solutions including:
- Rolling Stock Design & Manufacture
- Rolling Stock System Integration
- Fleet Through Life Support Services
- Public Transport Operations
Some of our flagship projects include the New Generation Rolling Stock in Queensland, High Capacity Metro Trains in Victoria and the Sydney Growth Trains in New South Wales.
Employment with Downer is subject to a Pre-Employment Medical, and on-going drug and alcohol screening.
HOW TO APPLY
Click “Apply Now”.
***Applications will not be accepted by email
For specific information about this role, please email: Bethany.Jones1@Downergroup.com noting the job number/ a screen shot of the ad.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPROACHES