Location: Northland, Northland
Job Type: Full time
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Te Kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
Downer holds a long-term Operations and Maintenance contracts with both the Whangarei District Council & the Kaipara District Councils. Our services include design, construction, operations, maintenance including reactive and routine work and meter reading across water reticulation, water treatment, water networks and biosolids management.
We are currently seeking a Water Supervisor to join our team based in our Whangarei office and supporting both networks as a supervisor. Your key duties will include servicing planned and unplanned water reticulation maintenance. The Water Supervisor will be expected to be involved in planning, organising, directing and controlling activities and operations of crews to ensure that work is completed to the satisfaction of customers. Your key duties will include:
- Working within a dedicated maintenance team delivering the most efficient and quality-driven service to our clients and their customers
- Providing leadership, management and technical input to the team
- Managing financial activities to ensure cost control and profitable return on work completed
- Proactively identifying improvements and leading implementation across the contract.
Nga Pūkenga Matua | Important Skills
You will be a passionate, highly organised Water Supervisor with a talent for prioritising and managing a fast paced, high-volume workload across both contracts.
In addition, you will also have:
- Current and relevant industry experience and qualifications, ideally National Certificate in Water Reticulation Level 4 Supervisor
- Full NZ Class 1 & 2 Driver’s license endorsed with WTR would be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of supervising water reticulation teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team building and relationship development skills
- Active problem solver and effective decision-maker
- Financial and commercial acumen, with experience pricing works
- Traffic Management training would be preferred but not essential
- Ability to work effectively with Client and their customers
- 100% commitment to Health and Safety
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment. We also offer;
- Company vehicle, mobile phone and laptop
- Great promotion and career development opportunities
- Discounts for Health Insurance, Samsung, Repco, PB Tech, Gym memberships and more!
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer
Have a look at our other great benefits here https://people.downergroup.co.nz/downer-benefits/
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site https://people.downergroup.co.nz/join-our-utilities-team/
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 597446 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.