Job Type: Full time
Maintenance Supervisor (Gisborne)
Are you an experienced and practical thinking team leader or foreperson looking for a new role? Our road maintenance team in New Gisborne are looking for a Supervisor to join us and assist with the local maintenance work in the region.
About the role:
This is an opportunity for you to take charge of a specific geographic area and shape the outcome by making informed decisions. Your ability to drive results and knowledge of road maintenance will determine this contract's success; you will be part of an enthusiastic team delivering excellence.
This role will include responsibilities such as:
- On-site management and supervision of a crews
- Planning, organising, directing and controlling the activities and operations of road maintenance works
- Quality inspection, data collection and assisting with claiming of work
- Ensuring work is completed to a high standard and all targets (productivity, quality and safety) are met
Formal qualifications are not required however you will need;
- Road maintenance experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence with demonstrated leadership behaviours that empower others
- Strong problem-solving skills & initiative
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to drive projects and complete within specified time frames
- Competence in the use of RAMM an advantage
In return we offer:
This is a fantastic opportunity for a self-starter who truly embraces training and development. On offer is a supportive team environment and excellent prospects for career growth within the successful Downer team.
What’s on offer:
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in our diverse business. The environment is challenging and rewarding. We offer the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment. We offer a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, and our focus for our people is training and development, so this gives excellent opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 596508 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.