Chip Sealing Operator (Class 4/5) - Tauranga (597384)
Location: Bay Of Plenty
Job Type: Full time
Our Sealing division covers the development and maintenance of both rural and central roads across New Zealand. To assist with new and on-going contracts throughout the Bay of Plenty Region, our team in Tauranga are looking for a Chip Truck Sealing Operator to join their Chip Seal crew.
As a Chip Truck Sealing Operator you will be operating our truck and trailers to transport equipment and cart materials to and from our sites. This will be an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who is looking to develop their skills and gain experience as an Operator.
While experience in the Sealing industry is advantageous, it is not essential. If you are a team player and someone who sets a high standard for themselves, their load and their vehicle, we still want to hear from you!
You will also:
- Have a Full Class 4 Driver Licence – essential
- Have a Full Class 5 Driver Licence – beneficial but not essential, we will help with this
- Be experienced driving a road ranger gear box
- Have a genuine interest in Chip Sealing work and activates
- Be Health and Safety focused
- Have a great work ethic – hardworking, motivated and a team player
In return we offer:
Working for a progressive and stable organisation, Downer offers more than just the basics you'd expect from a large organisation. Our benefits are designed to develop the whole person, at home and at work - trust us when we say we’ve got you covered. Here’s just a brief insight into some of the many things we can offer you:
- Leadership Pathway Development Programs
- Dedicated Learning and Development team
- We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements
- A heavily subsidised membership to our Community Trust Partner that enables you and your family access to healthcare benefits, and discounted access to over 150-holiday homes in great locations across New Zealand.
- Special rates and discounts through our partners across Healthcare, Gyms, Banking, and Insurance
- Relocation Package that takes the worry out of relocating
You will love being a part of the Downer lifestyle, come and see for yourself why we are the crème de la crème of employers as we continue to build our future! Literally.
At Downer, our purpose is to create and sustain the modern environment. From our roads to our rail, ports, and airports, our Transport Services business unit is responsible for keeping New Zealand moving.
We remain at the forefront of our industry by employing the best people and having the courage to challenge the status quo. Our people are experts in their fields, influencing and shaping our future. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join us as we continue to engineer and construct a better tomorrow for generations to come.
How to apply:
If this role appeals to you and you tick most of the criteria above, then don't delay, we'd love to hear from you today! Apply via www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 597384 or reach out to our recruitment team at Recruitment.Advice@downer.co.nz or call 0800877327.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.