Job Type: Full time
About Downer Energy:
Downer Energy work with some of New Zealand’s largest asset owners and energy providers to maintain their critical networks and assets across the country and connect every community in cities, rural heartland, and industry. Our whole-of-life approach creates positive outcomes for all New Zealanders as we help to reduce carbon emissions, optimise energy and build a better Aotearoa.
This is a time of growth for us to add more value to our customers and opportunities for our people in the dynamic Energy sector. There are more than 500 of us in the Energy team and we are committed to being kaitiaki – guardians of New Zealand’s future.
We are looking for qualified Power Technicians based in our Auckland Depot. You will be a key member of our Technician team providing services including construction, maintenance, and fault diagnosis/rectification on all network equipment and installations. You will be working on existing and state of the art high spec equipment associated with HV protection, SCADA, and Comms. The role, on occasion would require you to travel outside of the region. You would be compensated with applicable allowances.
If you have an interest in coaching and mentoring other team members, we encourage the enthusiasm to impart knowledge and expertise.
We have 5 vacancies. These roles are full time, permanent. $44 - $59 per hour, plus overtime and allowances. A tool of trade vehicle is also supplied. All tools required for the role are also supplied.
You will be a skilled Power Technician with HV, substation or power transmission experience. To really impress us, you will also have knowledge of SCADA Communications; however, we will support further training to develop your career if not.
It is essential that you offer, Commissioning, testing and maintenance in the following areas:
- HV Protection system / schemes and installation
- High Voltage substations primary plant and secondary systems
- High Voltage and Low Voltage plant / assets
- Experience with the maintenance and installation of SCADA and communication equipment
- Relevant Electrical Registration and current Practicing licence
- A methodical aptitude with attention to detail including an ability to work under pressure
- Extensive industry related experience
- Team and customer focused
- Excellent commitment to Health and Safety
- Full NZ Driver's License
What we offer:
A role with us can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment. We provide comprehensive training to meet the stringent criteria of our industry, a competitive remuneration package reflective of your skills and experience, and all the tools of trade you need to do your job.
Perks & Benefits
Match your loyalty, excitement and passion for high quality service with ours and we will reward you with a competitive remuneration, extensive training and development to help you to enhance your skills, advance your career along with great employee benefits too!
- Leadership Pathway Development Programs
- Dedicated Learning and Development team
- We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements
- A fully subsidised membership to our Community Trust Partner that enables you and your family access to healthcare benefits, discounted access to over 150 holiday homes in great locations across New Zealand.
- Special rates and discounts through our partners across Healthcare, Gyms, Banking and Insurance
- Working for an organisation that not only works on building better stronger communities but within those communities; where we offer training and meaningful work, through our Corporate Social Outcomes team
This is a great time to join the Downer team!
- If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click ‘apply’. The reference number for this role is 597108.
- Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
- Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.