Job Type: Full time
About Downer Energy:
Downer Energy work with some of New Zealand’s largest asset owners and energy providers to maintain their critical networks and assets across the country and connect every community in cities, rural heartland, and industry. Our whole-of-life approach creates positive outcomes for all New Zealanders as we help to reduce carbon emissions, optimise energy and build a better Aotearoa.
This is a time of growth for us to add more value to our customers and opportunities for our people in the dynamic Energy sector. There are more than 500 of us in the Energy team and we are committed to being kaitiaki – guardians of New Zealand’s future.
About the roles:
We have 2 opportunities available: An Overhead Supervisor and an Underground Supervisor within energy Distribution.
Both roles are based in Auckland. You will be expected to work closely with two other Supervisors to deliver our work programme.
Both roles will be overseeing our field-based crews covering the region to deliver our Electricity Distribution Services Work Programmes as well as being hands on to assist with exceptional events.
You’ll plan, schedule, manage and coordinate the crews, subcontractors, plant and equipment and be responsible for the provision of construction and maintenance on all network equipment and installations. In addition, you will also:
- Liaise with key stakeholders to plan and phase work and resources
- Monitor and report on job scope, timeframes and variations
- Monitor and manage productivity, performance and budgets
- Provide clear goals and expectations to your team members
- Coach and mentor your team to achieve results
- Ensure Adherence to appropriate standards, work practices and regulations
$44 - $51 per hour + a tool or trade. Or we can look at a equivalent salary with a company vehicle.
- As an Overhead Supervisor you will have at least 5 years’ experience as a Line Mechanic, and Glove & Barrier, and at least 2 years leading crews.
- As an Underground Supervisor you will have at least 5 years’ experience as a Cable Jointer or Electrical Fitter and at least 2 years leading teams.
As a proven leader, highly experienced in the Distribution sector, you will quickly gain the respect of your crews and credibility with our clients. Your ability to communicate technical information and develop rapport will allow you to maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll have proven ability to monitor performance, motivate your team to deliver within timeframes and budgets with a focus on quality and safety.
Demonstrating natural leadership skills, you’ll enjoy coaching team members and become a valued mentor to assist your people in their career development and to deliver results for our customers.
In addition, you’ll offer:
- Relevant Electrical Registration and current Practicing licence
- NZQA Level 4
- Current Class 1 (car) driver’s licence (ideally HT Licence)
- Construction and maintenance experience in both underground and overhead distribution preferred
- Sound knowledge of the Safety Manual Electricity Industry (SMEI) and Safe Practices for Low Voltage Electrical Work
- Advantageous to have electrical switch operations, and switch writing experience
- A strong commitment to safety including sound knowledge of the Safety Manual Electricity Industry (SMEI) and Safe Practices for Low Voltage Electrical Work
What we offer:
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in our diverse business. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment. We provide comprehensive training to meet the stringent criteria of our industry, a competitive remuneration package reflective of your skills and experience, and all the tools of trade you need to do your job.
Perks & Benefits
Match your loyalty, excitement and passion for high quality service with ours and we will reward you with a competitive remuneration, extensive training and development to help you to enhance your skills, advance your career along with great employee benefits too!
- Leadership Pathway Development Programs
- Dedicated Learning and Development team
- We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements
- A fully subsidised membership to our Community Trust Partner that enables you and your family access to healthcare benefits, discounted access to over 150 holiday homes in great locations across New Zealand.
- Special rates and discounts through our partners across Healthcare, Gyms, Banking and Insurance
- Working for an organisation that not only works on building better stronger communities but within those communities; where we offer training and meaningful work, through our Corporate Social Outcomes team
This is a great time to join the Downer team!
- If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click ‘apply’. The reference number for this role is 597210.
- Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
- Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.