Job Type: Full time
Start your Journey with Us at Downer NZ! Work and get paid to study and learn and become a qualified Arborist.
Course to complete: NZ Certificate in Horticulture Services - Arboriculture Level 4
What's in it being a Downer Apprentice?
- Fees and courses required during apprenticeship are covered
- Learn from the Industry Experts within our business
- Free Tool Kits, PPE are all covered and provided
- Opportunity to be trained in various business areas, ability to move around to be exposed to a variety of work
At Downer we look after you, our Apprentices are fully supported, guided throughout the apprenticeship journey as you develop, build your skills to be experts in the industry and eventually succeed in your chosen field.
- Minimum of NCEA Level 1 passes in English, Mathematics and at least one other subject area
- Completion of a pre-trades course would be an advantage, but not required.
- Strong commitment to ongoing study
- Positive outlook and can-do attitude
- Have a current drivers licence (minimum of restricted) and owns reliable transport to get to work
- NZ citizen or have Permanent Resident
Perks & Benefits:
- You will enjoy flexible working as we take work-life balance seriously
- You will be offered a competitive remuneration package,
- Guaranteed full-time hours and overtime rates
- Meal allowances
- All the tools of trade required!
- A comprehensive employee benefits package through our partners. Extensive discounts and perks across a huge number of sought-after multinational brands, (think: banking, gyms, insurance, retailers, technology, vehicles, automotive, healthcare, childcare, homeware, dental care, travel, accommodation, and plenty more!)
You will love being a part of the Downer family, come and see for yourself why we are the crème de la crème of employers as we continue to build our future! Literally!
To learn more about us, check out our video: https://player.vimeo.com/video/701104333?h=8ecdb3534b
How to apply?
If this sparks your interest, please apply online using role reference #591538 and we will be in touch soon!
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol-free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.