National Survey Manager
Location: Auckland, Bay Of Plenty, Bay of Plenty, Canterbury, Hawke's Bay, Nelson, Otago, Otago, Taranaki, Waikato, Wellington
Job Type: Full time
Te kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
Downer NZ has many exciting opportunities ahead to help re-imagine and transform Aotearoa New Zealand for future generations. We work collaboratively with our customers to support their infrastructure and services needs as they tackle aging assets, regulatory reform, climate change, new technologies, and changing consumer behaviours.
As National Survey Manager you will be responsible for the direction and leadership of the National Survey Team of around 40 personnel to drive improvements in project performance, value engineering and national consistency, survey technology across the Transport business contracts and projects. You will liaise with and influence survey leaders and practitioners to meet best practise and best business outcomes.
A key element to this role is to elevate the market position of Downer through industry leading thought leadership.
Day to day you will be involved in:
- technical and operational quality performance,
- develop trusted partnerships to position Downer to be the preferred partner of choice for our customers,
- a collaborative approach to working with and across multi-functional teams is a key to the success of this role,
- ensuring alignment to the Downer four pillars, you will explore innovation and market leadership opportunities by reinforcing partnerships with our customers, communities, and employees, building organisational agility to adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
There will be travel required as it is a national leadership role.
The candidate will preferably be based in Auckland, Stanley Street, however we are flexible around this.
Nga pūkenga matua | Important Skills
You will be an experienced Survey Manager; you’ll know and understand the construction industry and all the challenges and opportunities that it brings. You’ll couple this with:
- Desirable to hold a tertiary qualification in Surveying or Business Management
- Proven experience in a senior leadership role within the Surveying industry
- Exceptional commercial and business development acumen
- Demonstrated high level of emotional intelligence and ability to work collaboratively across Downer, our stakeholders, and clients.
- Proven track record of managing high performing teams of individuals to achieve quality results.
- Ability to develop and deliver business strategy.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in managing stakeholder relationships including those with government, clients, and other relevant networks.
- Established Industry presence and connections.
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We also offer:
- Company car and work phone
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- Discounts for Samsung, Repco, PB Tech, Gym memberships and more!
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer
- Progression and development programs on offer including our inspiring leader’s programme for top performers
Have a look at our other great benefits here!
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here!
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 598869