Commercial Manager Opportunities - QTMP
Location: Brisbane, Maryborough
Job Type: Full time
Downer has been at the forefront of Australia’s largest rollingstock contracts. Those projects have generated long-lasting capability and local expertise in engineering, manufacturing and technology across Queensland, Australia and New Zealand.
Downer is committed to investing in Australia, having spent more than $5.5 billion in our Australian supply chain in the 2021 financial year alone.
Downer Rail & Transit Systems has over 100 years’ rail experience providing end-to-end, innovative transport solutions, with the largest rollingstock capability in Australia.
Downer have been announced as the preferred applicant to deliver the Queensland Train Manufacturing Program (QTMP), the largest investment in new rollingstock in Queensland history. As part of this program Downer will deliver:
- Design, manufacture and commissioning of 65 six-car passenger trains
- Design and build of two training simulators
- Design, construction and commissioning of a purpose-built train manufacturing facility at Torbanlea, in the Fraser Coast region
- Design, construction and commissioning of a maintenance facility and stabling yards at Ormeau, in the Gold Coast region
- Maintenance of the new rollingstock fleet, simulators and the Ormeau maintenance facility for an initial term of 15 years and a maximum term of 35 years.
Commercial Manager – Rollingstock (Brisbane or Maryborough): You will have 10+ years’ experience in a complex/high value commercial contracting environment with Government or Rollingstock industries. You are a leader that is objective, willing to challenge, investigate, troubleshoot & provide solutions. Manufacturing or Construction background and regular travel to our QLD site is required. In return you will receive an excellent salary package, bonus incentive & benefits!
Commercial Manager – Facilities (Brisbane) - You are experienced in successfully delivering and leading highly innovative and productive outcomes for teams and clients. An ability to work flexibly and adaptively in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders. Facilities Management or Construction industry background is essential and regular travel to QLD site is required. In return you will receive an excellent salary package, bonus incentive & benefits!
Tertiary qualifications in commerce, business, law or a related discipline - advantageous
- Work on this flagship world class project with an Australian industry leader
- The opportunity to work with highly skilled leaders and teams, fostering your learning and career development
- An opportunity to make an impact with a forward-thinking company, with a positive impact on sustainability and climate
- Competitive remuneration and flexible work arrangements.
- Employee benefits and wellness program
- At Downer we own different embracing the diversity of our employees that drives our success
- Excellent remuneration packages, hybrid working model & flexibility
These exciting role offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment with a highly successful organisation. If you are passionate about what you do and motivated to succeed, then apply now.
For further information please contact Allie Jones – Senior Recruitment & Sourcing Business Partner - email@example.com
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand, employing over 53,000 employees. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer offers a range of services for the utility sector, incorporating traditional power and gas, renewable energy, and technological communications services.