Site Facilities Manager (Tongariro Prison)
Job Type: Full time
Te kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
Downer holds a long-term Asset Management and Facilities Management contract with the Department of Corrections and the Ministry of Justice. We are currently seeking a Site Facilities Manager to join our team at the Tongariro Prison.
Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, our Site Managers are a critical role within our business. As the Site Manager for Tongariro Prison, you will be responsible for providing operational and technical leadership, ensuring on time, quality and safe job deliveries and managing workflows over a 24/7 period. You will see yourself:
- Driving a strong commitment to Health & Safety
- Using contemporary leadership style to support your team with solid technical solutions
- Understanding and managing a KPI Driven environment
- Using your financial skills; including cost containment and productivity management
- Working autonomously and as part of the broader Downer Team
Nga pūkenga matua | Important Skills
As the successful candidate, you will have proven facilities management experience, great relationship management skills, good financial and commercial acumen, excellent communication skills and a collaborative working style.
You will also bring with you:
- Management qualification and/or demonstrated management skills and experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within the Facilities Management industry
- Experience in driving operational activities to ensure quality is achieved, work is completed to schedule and rework is minimised
- Good understanding of building compliance requirements (BWOF)
- Ownership, commitment and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Intermediate level of computer literacy including MS Outlook, Word and Excel
Prisons are sometimes challenging work environments, so you must be confident and able to conduct yourself professionally at all times. You will also understand the 24/7 nature of a prison site and be prepared to sometimes manage jobs and situations after hours.
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- Discounts for Samsung, Repco, PB Tech, Gym memberships and more!
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer
- Progression and development programs on offer including our inspiring leader’s programme for top performers
Have a look at our other great benefits here!
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here!
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 598929.
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with