Location: Hawke's Bay
Job Type: Full time
Your future starts here:
Reimagine what the future of Aotearoa, New Zealand looks like years from now, and we would have been right there building the path you took to get there.
We are planning, responding, and building sustainable communities where everyone can thrive. But we can't do it alone. We are looking for people ready to bring their difference to our team and help us create a better future for everyone.
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a General Hand in Hastings to join our team. Working closely with an experienced crew, this hands-on role will provide you with exposure to a number of varied and interesting projects.
In this position, you will be involved in the general operation of hand tools, trucks and machinery as well as day to day manual labouring duties on site. You will be responsible for:
- Helping with safe site setup for your crew and the general public
- Ensuring efficient use of materials, supplies and equipment
- Working as part of a cohesive team to deliver projects
- Being open and willing to develop your skillset and advance your career
Ideally, you’ll have experience within the construction or civil space and will have a general idea of how projects run. In addition to this, you will:
- Be ambitious and eager to learn
- You will champion health and safety and act as a role model for others
- Be willing to travel around the region when necessary
- Have a full class 1 license or above (WTR endorsements would be advantageous).
What Difference can Downer offer you?
Working for a progressive and stable employer, Downer offers more than just the basics you'd expect from a large organisation. Our benefits are designed to develop the whole person, at home and at work - trust us when we say we’ve got you covered. Here’s just a brief insight into some of the many things we can offer you:
- Competitive remuneration packages, overtime rates, allowances, job security and weatherproof pay – that means guaranteed full-time permanent pay regardless of being rained off!
- Free access for you and your immediate family to mental health & counselling services!
- An employee & whanau recognition programme that celebrates and rewards our people and their whanau for the value they bring!
- Dedicated personal development plans that are reviewed quarterly, empowering you to take ownership of your career trajectory!
- All employees have access to a great range of corporate discounts and benefits across banking, insurance, retailers, technology, vehicles, automotive, healthcare, childcare, homeware, dental care, travel, accommodation, gym memberships and more!
We are focused on creating a vibrant community of belonging that pursues diversity, builds inclusion, and creates more equitable opportunities for everyone. You will love being a part of the Downer community! Come and see for yourself what makes us different, as we continue to build our future!
How to bring your Difference to Downer?
If you are interested in the work that we are doing to make New Zealand better and want to take your career to the future with us, then we want to hear from you. Hit the Apply Now button to fill out an application form and upload your CV.
Of course, our workplaces are drug and alcohol-free – so all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.