Mechanical Fitter - Power Station Maintenance
Location: New South Wales
Job Type: Full time
WHAT WE OFFER
- Full-time permanent role at Bayswater Power Station, Muswellbrook NSW
- 4 days on, 3 days off roster – 44hr working week
- Great opportunity for an Upper Hunter local
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
Downer is seeking experienced Mechanical Fitters for ongoing maintenance works at Bayswater Power station. This is a permanent full-time role offering a great opportunity for residents living around the Upper Hunter Region. You will provide your expertise in maintaining heavy industry Power Station fixed plant safely, effectively, and to the required standard.
- Fitter/Turner trade qualification or equivalent with experience maintaining fixed plant within a heavy industry or power station environment
- Hold an industry White Card and current Confined Space & Working at Heights tickets (3 year validity)
- Experienced in the safe use of hand tools and equipment required to perform tasks
- Good communication skills, strong work ethic, and be able to work well as part of a team
- Commitment to the safety and well-being of yourself and your colleagues
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Facilities & Asset Services business provides end-to-end facilities management and asset lifecycle support services for Australia’s critical social and economic infrastructure. Operating across the health, education, government, future energy, power generation, oil and gas and industrial sectors, we work closely with our customers to optimise the reliability, efficiency and whole of life costs of their assets and facilities.
Downer is made up of more than 33,000 people who are all different. Different preferences and perspectives. Different histories and heritages. We are different in the way we think, the actions we take and the unique value we contribute to Downer and it’s these differences that are Downer’s greatest strength.
As an inclusive employer, we welcome applications from everyone.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application online via the advertisement – we do not accept email applications. For queries, please contact Auri Niinioja, Recruitment and Sourcing Business Partner on Auri.Niinioja@downergroup.com.