Job Type: Full time
- Work on leading edge projects for Defence and non-Defence engagements
- Work with purpose delivering critical defence projects and programs for Australia
- Investment in you - learning opportunities, experienced mentors and accessible leadership
At DPS, you’ll find purpose, impact and huge opportunity. Join us and help make it happen.
A real endeavour, achieved with you
As Australia’s multi-disciplinary advisory and business partner of choice for clients in defence, government and infrastructure, we deliver complex things that matter. It's not always an easy task, but anything worthwhile seldom is. Great things are rarely accomplished alone. We’re building something remarkable. Now we just need you.
A real endeavour, shaped by you
As Mechanical Technician, you will be part of a Capability Assurance Program team to support extending Navy’s ANZAC Class Frigates (FFH) beyond their current Planned Withdrawal Dates (PWDs) to meet the Initial Operating Readiness (IOR) of the Hunter Class Frigates (FFGs). To succeed in this endeavour, you will:
- Conduct and review engineering investigations into a range of issues/areas including defects, obsolescence, proposed engineering changes and maintenance procedures.
- Enable supportability and engineering analyses. Analysis tasks may include assessment of Reliability Centred Maintenance, cost modelling, trade studies or trade-off analyses.
- Provide analysis of engineering change requests to determine if the change is feasible and if it is likely to be cost-effective.
- Assist in engineering change registration; determine the need, provide justification and define objectives to support formal registration.
- Support Production and Integration of engineering change.
A real endeavour, driven by you
Our work is highly complex and confidential, so there are some things you must have to fulfil this role:
- Tertiary qualification in engineering/related discipline or relevant industry experience.
- You must hold a current NV1 security clearance or higher.
Why Downer Professional Services?
At DPS, you’ll find the opportunity to build something remarkable. Here are some of the reasons why our people love working here:
Work with purpose. You’ll deliver or enable critical defence projects and programs in Australia, for Australia. Your expertise will help build sovereign capability.
Great projects, influence and impact. You might join us for the projects, but we think you’ll stay for the impact you can have. With high project ownership, agile problem solving and accessible leaders, you can go further at DPS.
Your opportunity to build something remarkable. We’re proud of all we’ve achieved. But there’s much more to do. Together, we’re building a better, stronger, more agile DPS. From process and systems to culture and communications, we're working hard to enable our teams to do their best work, whoever and wherever they are.
We encourage you to join us on our greatest endeavour. We’ll support and recognise your contribution, and you’ll also enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Veteran support initiatives and policies, including up to 20 days of Reservist Leave for veterans to remain connected as they transition out of active service
- An Employee Assistance Program providing access to professionals to support you (and your family) to achieve your personal or professional goals through wellbeing coaching, counselling, financial advice, legal advice and more.
- Affordable healthcare covers, discounted car purchase and rental (with selected brands), and other retail discounts.
To learn more about why our people choose DPS, read some of the stories of incredible people at our website.
Ready to join us on our biggest endeavour?
Take your career to the next level. Apply for this position.
Downer Professional Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Accordingly, we encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds, including First Nations People and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.