Location: Dandenong South
Job Type: Full time
- Work on leading edge projects for Defence and non-Defence engagements
- Work with purpose delivering critical defence projects and programs for Australia
- Investment in you - learning opportunities, experienced mentors and accessible leadership
At DPS, you’ll find purpose, impact and huge opportunity. Join us and help make it happen.
A real endeavour, achieved with you
As Australia’s multi-disciplinary advisory and business partner of choice for clients in defence, government and infrastructure, we deliver complex things that matter. It's not always an easy task, but anything worthwhile seldom is. Great things are rarely accomplished alone. We’re building something remarkable. Now we just need you.
A real endeavour, shaped by you
The Configuration Manager provides specialist knowledge to support engineering activities and ensures quality and compliance with the relevant legislative, policy and regulatory frameworks.
The Configuration Manager engages with stakeholders, investigate, report, develop, evaluate, advise and implement policies, processes, procedures, practice and manage resources specific to assurance and data specifications to support Defence capability. To succeed in this endeavour, you will:
- Perform complex technical configuration activities and associated tasks working to agreed priorities and outcomes, including LC4I configuration management tasks and Configuration Control Boards;
- Be accountable for exercising assigned technical authorities and any Technical Regulatory Authority delegations;
- Apply technical knowledge and experience to identify risks and uncertainties and take these into account in planning, decision making and priority setting;
- Build and sustain positive relationships with team members, actively participate in team work and motivate and mentor developing engineers or technicians;
- Tailor communication style and language to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Assess or develop technical packages, reports, processes, and product and equipment performance to meet specified requirements, provide recommendations for continuous improvement and implement corrective actions;
- Ensure safety aspects of Defence capability are considered and incorporated into technical configuration activities, including as part of any design or testing capability; and
- Manage technical knowledge of relevant processes, packages, product and equipment.
A real endeavour, driven by you
Our work is highly complex and confidential, so there are some things you must have to fulfil this role:
- A qualified practitioner with a recognised Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Level 7 qualification in a relevant engineering or technical domain, or relevant skills and work experience such that an individual can reasonably achieve a recognised AQF qualification if required by the position.
- Defence and/or CASG project engineering experience (Systems Engineering Management Plan, Technical Certification Plans, and Requirements Management etc.);
- Knowledge/experience of Defence Configuration Management (CCMF) and associated systems/applications such as Configuration Management Tool Land (CMT-L) and Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS);
- Defence sustainment experience;
- Understanding of Defence’s CLC and FIC;
- You must hold a current NV1 security clearance or higher.
Why Downer Professional Services?
At DPS, you’ll find the opportunity to build something remarkable. Here are some of the reasons why our people love working here:
Work with purpose. You’ll deliver or enable critical defence projects and programs in Australia, for Australia. Your expertise will help build sovereign capability.
Great projects, influence and impact. You might join us for the projects, but we think you’ll stay for the impact you can have. With high project ownership, agile problem solving and accessible leaders, you can go further at DPS.
Your opportunity to build something remarkable. We’re proud of all we’ve achieved. But there’s much more to do. Together, we’re building a better, stronger, more agile DPS. From process and systems to culture and communications, we're working hard to enable our teams to do their best work, whoever and wherever they are.
We encourage you to join us on our greatest endeavour. We’ll support and recognise your contribution, and you’ll also enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Veteran support initiatives and policies, including up to 20 days of Reservist Leave for veterans to remain connected as they transition out of active service
- An Employee Assistance Program providing access to professionals to support you (and your family) to achieve your personal or professional goals through wellbeing coaching, counselling, financial advice, legal advice and more.
- Affordable healthcare covers, discounted car purchase and rental (with selected brands), and other retail discounts.
To learn more about why our people choose DPS, read some of the stories of incredible people at our website.
Ready to join us on our biggest endeavour?
Take your career to the next level. Apply for this position.
Downer Professional Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Accordingly, we encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds, including First Nations People and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.