Road Maintenance Workers
Job Type: Full time
Downer's Road Services business offers one of the largest non-government owned road infrastructure services businesses in Australia and New Zealand. With the experience of maintaining more than 28,000 kilometres of road in Australia and more than 25,000 kilometres in New Zealand, Downer understands the cycle of planning, delivery and review of maintenance and improvement works.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We currently have some unique full-time opportunities available within our Road Maintenance team to assist with a variety of road maintenance activities across the Melton Shire. This is a long-term contract that will create a sustainable, vibrant, safe, accommodating Melton for all. These roles will play a crucial part in response works for Roadside assets.
- Current C Class Driver's Licence (MR Licence preferred)
- Current General Construction Induction card
- Traffic Control ticket (preferred)
- Proven ability in the operation of mobile plant machinery (Grader, Roller, Backhoe highly advantageous)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong commitment to maintaining a Zero Harm culture
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive pay rates with yearly increases, as well as generous penalties and overtime opportunities
- Highly supportive, team-oriented organisation
- Ongoing upskilling and on the job training
- A strong commitment to maintaining a Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- A long-term career opportunity working with an ASX listed company
- Downer is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
- Continued investment and industry leading research & development into sustainable practices that contribute to the circular economy
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click on "Apply" and submit your application. Please ensure you attach a copy of your resume to your online application. We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please contact: Melanie French - Talent & Sourcing Business Partner.
"Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply".
Must be able to successfully undertake a WWC check.