Zero Harm Advisor
Job Type: Full time
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
NEWest Alliance is a multidisciplinary collaboration between CPB Contractors and Downer, working with the Public Transport Authority to deliver two projects (Yanchep Rail Extension and Thornlie-Cockburn Link) as part of METRONET.
As a Safety Advisor reporting to the Safety Advisor Manager for Downer, based in Bibra Lake , you will be part of a supportive and collaborative team of safety professionals responsible for supporting our construction operations. We are seeking talented, motivated and enthusiastic professionals that are keen to progress their career on a one of Western Australia’s largest infrastructure projects.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Understand and discharge their SHE accountabilities;
- Develop and maintain an awareness of the hazards and associated SHE risks and demonstrate a commitment to eliminate or minimize those risks
- Investigate incidents and monitor implementation of corrective actions
- Monitor compliance with Safety and also Environment policy, procedures and legislative requirements
- Conduct regular inspections and audits
- Conduct or facilitate Safety) educational programs
- Assist with reporting requirements as required
- Ensure a current understanding of all relevant legislation is maintained at all times
- Participate in the Performance Development Review process
- Be visible across the workplace, building and maintaining relationships with internal stakeholders by spending the majority of time out in the Project
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements and all relevant Company and Group policies and processes.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in WHS / OHS or equivalent or an Advanced diploma in WHS / OHS
- 3 - 5 years in a Safety (H) (E) (Q) role in a construction environment
- Knowledge of safety (H) (E) (Q) Management System techniques and tools
- Experience in qualitative risk assessment and development and monitoring of risk controls
- Skill in conducting and interpreting audits and reviews
- Experience in delivering training in high risk activities such as working at heights, confined space and rescue training
- Experience in developing, analyzing and reporting on complex project performance, compliance and defects and/or non-conformance
- Knowledge of Safety (H) (E) (Q) legislation and statutes and ability to interpret any applicable statutes or legislation relevant to Project
- Skill and experience using Corporate Management Systems & Rehabilitation
WHAT WE OFFER
- Our Zero Harm initiative : A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all on the Downer team
- Attractive, market competitive remuneration package
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
- A genuine career path to high performers seeking to develop their career within a growing company
- Being part of an experienced and supportive communications team, training and mentorship and the chance to work on an iconic major infrastructure project.
- Work with a large team of supportive environmental professionals
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below or for further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.