Project Controls Manager
Job Type: Full time
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has a long history of delivering transport infrastructure projects under a variety of contracting models. Services include the design and construction of light rail, heavy rail, signalling, track and station works, rail safety technology, bridges and roads.
Due to upcoming opportunities, we are now looking to further enhance our delivery capabilities with the appointment of a highly experienced and capable Project Controls Manager into the IP Northern business unit based out of Brisbane.
Reporting to the PD/ Operations Director, and a member of the SLT you will be responsible for managing the interface with key stakeholders and leading integration across the project activities as well as ensuring that standards of excellence in the cost engineering and time management processes are achieved through managing the project control system and reporting.
Key responsibilities will include, but not limited to
- Successfully managed/lead cost control teams on complex projects
- Develop and maintain effective monitoring and reporting systems
- Coordinate the IMS management function across the project
- Review and identify changes to design, construction methodologies and supply items that impact the scope of other parties and facilitate issue resolution
- Develop strategic alliances with external stakeholders including suppliers and subcontractors
- Ensure project metrics and reporting efficiently satisfy client requirements
- Manage the development of accurate and timely narrative monthly reports that contain movements and progress and resolution of issues that may cause delay and or further cost
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Project Controls (cost related)
- Qualified professional engineer to Bachelor of Engineering level
- Major rail, building and infrastructure project experience at senior level
- Demonstrated experience managing stakeholder management both internal and external on a complex project
Our Zero Harm initiative : A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all on the Downer team
Attractive, market competitive remuneration package
A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
A genuine career path to high performers seeking to develop their career within a growing company
Being part of an experienced and supportive environmental team, training and mentorship and the chance to work on an iconic major infrastructure project.
Downer works to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace that facilitates opportunity and respect. Our focus on gender and cultural inclusiveness is active and ongoing, and through various initiatives we aim to help close the gap between indigenous and non-indigenous communities.
To apply for this role, please submit your resume via the links provided. Confidential enquiries can be directed to email@example.com
We respectfully ask for no agency approaches.