Engineering Services Manager
Location: Manawatu-Wanganui, Waikato
Job Type: Full time
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- Company Car provided
- Internal promotion encouraged, training and development on offer
Have a look at our other great benefits at www.people.downergroup.co.nz/downer-benefits/
Te kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
Downer Energy work with some of New Zealand’s largest asset owners and energy providers to maintain their critical networks and assets across the country. Our whole-of-life approach creates positive outcomes for all New Zealanders as we help to reduce carbon emissions, optimise energy, and build a better Aotearoa. There are more than 500 of us in the Energy team and we are committed to being kaitiaki – guardians of New Zealand’s future.
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Engineering Service Manager to join our team. In this role you will be instrumental in supporting the growth of the business, with involvement in project management, design and leadership.
Duties will include
- Supporting the end-to-end design of Transmission Lines including modelling, design of structures, and foundations.
- Concept and Detailed Design of Transmission Lines using PLS-CADD software
- Modelling of structures using PLS-TOWER, PLS-POLE
- Foundation designs – varying from normal concrete foundations to pile foundations
- Site visits and inspections as required
- Reviewing and signing off design reports from the engineer and PMs in this team and supporting design/estimators across the business
- Developing, reviewing and approving contract proposals
- Managing large projects and supporting the delivery of smaller projects
- Interfacing directly with clients on projects and new opportunities
- Representing Downer on the advisory panels requiring engineering expertise for Transpower
- Attending the industry panels for Transmission on behalf of Downer
- Mentoring junior project managers/engineers in career development.
Nga pūkenga matua | Important Skills
- Bachelor Degree in Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 8 years transmission lines experience
- Proficient in PLS software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and keen to develop a strong culture of professional excellence in the contract team
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here! Or copy and paste the following link into your browser: people.downergroup.co.nz/join-our-utilities-team/
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
- If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 597822 .
- We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team.