Job Type: Full time
Te kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
Downer Energy work with some of New Zealand’s largest asset owners and energy providers to maintain their critical networks and assets across the country. Our whole-of-life approach creates positive outcomes for all New Zealanders as we help to reduce carbon emissions, optimise energy, and build a better Aotearoa. There are more than 500 of us in the Energy team and we are committed to being kaitiaki – guardians of New Zealand’s future.
As a Regional manager, your main responsibility will be to ensure delivery of all maintenance work in the region to a high standard while leading and motivating the field and support staff to achieve contract KPI’s. End-to-end works programme management, monitoring and reporting, client and third-party liaison and sub-contractor management.
In addition, this role will include:
- Working collaboratively as part of wider Transpower FM team and with the wider Downer business and the Client to assist with scheduling and delivering the required works.
- Promoting strong collaboration with the client and the client’s other service provider’s relationships with positive interactions and value adding activities.
- This is a busy and varied role that will suit someone who is team focused, outcome focused and a strong relationship builder, ensuring that the clients’ requests are managed before problems arise.
- The role will require some travel within the region
Nga pūkenga matua | Important Skills
- Knowledge of industry contracting procedures and contract law.
- Proven ability to lead, manage and motivate team to deliver a superior product and/or service to the customer
- Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to influence and proactively engage at all levels of the business
- A flexible attitude with a focus on innovation and productivity to ensure the team delivers value fit-for-purpose solutions without compromising safety standards
- Results orientated, with the ability to quickly achieve results that add value to Downer and the client
- Strong customer focus (both for internal and external clients)
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- Company vehicle and work phone included
- Travel discounts available
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- All the tools of trade you need to do your job
- Discounts for Samsung, Repco, PB Tech, Gym memberships and more!
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer
- Progression and development programs on offer including our inspiring leader’s programme for top performers
Have a look at our other great benefits here! Or copy and paste the following link into your browser: people.downergroup.co.nz/downer-benefits/
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here! Or copy and paste the following link into your browser: people.downergroup.co.nz/join-our-utilities-team/
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 598843.
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team.