Job Type: Full time
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We also offer:
- Full-time (40 hours) guaranteed, and overtime is available during the Summer season. Get paid even if work is delayed due to the weather!
- Long-term training and development opportunities. Class 2, 4, 5 licenses, WTR and leadership programs are on offer.
- Safety equipment and clothing provided as part of the role
- Discounts for Samsung, Repco, PB Tech, and Gym memberships.
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer
Have a look at our other great benefits here!
Te kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
Downer remains at the forefront of our industry by employing the best people and having the courage to challenge the status quo. Here’s your chance to join the Wellington Transport team where we take pride in taking on projects, big and small, and delivering them to world-class standards - every time!
As a Maintenance Foreperson, you will be responsible for leading and motivating your crew to carry out Maintenance works within the Porirua City Council contract on a day to day basis. Duties within your team include;
- Planning tasks with the Supervisor, and following up to ensure they are completed efficiently and to the required specification and standard
- Ensuring efficient use of materials, supplies and equipment
- Providing and organising on-the-job development/training for the team and supporting general career development
Nga pūkenga matua | Important Skills
You will be a physically fit and motivated person and will bring with you.
- Class 2 full licence
- A focus and passion for keeping people and the environment safe
- Able to deal with unexpected events and provide direction to your crew
- A proven track record leading crews and subcontractors in the civil space
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here!
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 598537
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team