Senior Project Planner - Built Environment (QTMP program)
Job Type: Full time
Downer Rail & Transit Systems has over 100 years’ rail experience providing end-to-end, innovative transport solutions. Downer Rail & Transit Systems (RTS) has the largest rollingstock capability in Australia.
Downer has been selected as preferred applicant to deliver Queensland Train Manufacturing Program (QTMP), the largest investment in new rollingstock in Queensland history. Design, build, and maintenance of 65 brand new trains, design and build of a manufacturing facility on Fraser Coast of Queensland, design and build of a train depot, and a huge boost to local manufacturing and supply chain – a true legacy to be created for Queensland.
About the role:
We are looking for a highly experienced Senior Project Planner to take ownership of the program management for design and construction of rollingstock manufacturing facility and the depot.
Reporting to Planning Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of managing the subcontractor’s delivery programs, working with both the project team and with the subcontractors, and managing the program interfaces with the rollingstock design and delivery programs.
- Track record of working in a Planning role on large and complex infrastructure projects
- Solid understanding of various project delivery methodologies and associated planning challenges. Experience working on both the Principal and Contractor’s side is desirable.
- Understanding of Systems Engineering Management principles and their application to rail infrastructure environment
- Understanding of construction management concepts and experience in cost engineering for industrial facilities (rail infrastructure preferred)
- Methodical and practical approach to project planning and reporting, with application of planning techniques best suitable for the environment and developing versatile project reporting tailored to various audiences.
- Working knowledge and experience running project schedule risk analysis (Acumen Risk experience preferable)
- Working knowledge of delay protocols and demonstrable experience preparing and reviewing EOTs claims
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills with ability to communicate with all areas of the business, with the client, and with the subcontractors’ teams
- Proactive approach, focused on driving delivery outcomes through the program
- Good knowledge of planning and project controls information systems (knowledge of Primavera environment is a must)
Downer is dedicated to nurturing our people personally and professionally through skills development, competitive benefits, career pathways and fostering a proudly diverse and supportive workplace culture.
We foster a diverse and inclusive workplace that facilitates opportunity and respect. Our focus on gender and cultural inclusiveness is active and ongoing, and through various initiatives we aim to help close the gap between indigenous and non-indigenous communities.
What we offer:
- Permanent full-time positions at our Milton office in Brisbane, with excellent career progression opportunities
- Competitive remuneration, with on-going training and support
- Employee benefits and wellness program
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team
- An opportunity to make an impact with a growing and forward-thinking company
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- An opportunity to work with an ASX Listed Company
How to apply:
To apply for this opportunity please click the APPLY NOW button.
For further information please email: Fionah.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will NOT be accepted via email, please apply via the link.
Employment with Downer is subject to a Pre-Employment Medical, and on-going drug and alcohol screening.
Downer Group is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.