Driver/Operator - Taupo (598599)
Job Type: Full time
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- Full-time (40 hours) guaranteed, and overtime is available during the Summer season. Get paid even if work is delayed due to the weather!
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer
- Great promotion and career development opportunities
Have a look at our other great benefits here!
Te kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
Downer remains at the forefront of our industry by employing the best people and having the courage to challenge the status quo. Here’s your chance to join the Central Plateau team where we take pride in taking on projects, big and small and delivering them to world-class standards - every time!
You will assist with a diverse range of construction, renewal, and maintenance projects across the Bay of Plenty region. Based out of our Taupo depot, you’ll work alongside our dedicated team operating machinery including mid-mount graders, excavators, rollers, and trucks but will also use hand tools from time to time to get the job done.
- You will utilise a wide range of construction plant and machinery
- Ensuring efficient use of materials, supplies and equipment
- Help with general labour as required
Nga pūkenga matua | Important Skills
With some experience in operating heavy machinery under your belt, you will be a confident operating within a team and independently as required. You will be comfortable using machinery and hand tools to get the job done. You’ll also have:
- Full Class 2 driver licence (essential)
- WTR endorsements (beneficial but not essential, we can help with this)
- Flexibility to work weekends and night shift as required
- Be able to travel and stay away from home as required
- Enjoy working outdoors and keeping physically fit
- Be reliable and hard working
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here!
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 598599.
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team.