Rivers & Drainage Supervisor
Job Type: Full time
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- Safety equipment and clothing provided as part of the role
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer
- Internal promotion encouraged, training and development on offer
- Discounts for Samsung, Repco, PB Tech, Gym memberships and more!
Have a look at our other great benefits here!
Te kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
The Downer Greenspaces team have a reputation built through having great people, access to first class plant and equipment along with leading edge technology that allow us to deliver to the highest standards across New Zealand. Our teams are professional, focused on delivery of best practice on Parks Maintenance/Horticulture services to our clients and the members of the public.
A bit about the role
Primary to this role will be the management and supervision of designated rivers & drainage team members carrying out vegetation control activities on Marlborough Rivers and drainage channels. As the Supervisor you will be involved in planning, organising, directing, and controlling activities and operations of team members to ensure that work is completed to the satisfaction of customers and all targets (productivity, quality and safety) are met.
Nga pūkenga matua | Important Skills
- Experience with management and supervision of staff and sub-contractors
- National certificate in Agrichemical application. Aquatic stream desirable but not essential
- Some experience with excel, windows 8 and word computer systems
- Experience working over and in an aquatic environment is ideal
- Experience with power tools including chainsaws, hedge trimmers and scrub bars would be an advantage
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here!
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 599016.
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team.