Design Coordinator - Projects QLD NT
Location: Brisbane, Gold Coast
Job Type: Full time
Downer has a long history of delivering Transport Infrastructure Projects under a variety of contracting models. Services include the design and construction of light rail, heavy rail, signalling, track and station works, rail safety technology, bridges and roads.
About the Role:
Exciting opportunity for Design Coordinators to work on high-profile transport infrastructure construction projects across Queensland. Join our team on a Full-time Permanent basis, office location of Brisbane CBD (with WFH flexibility), various project site locations.
Reporting to the Design Manager, you will lead and manage the design process as required for Design & Construct, Alliance, Main Contractors projects during tender, delivery, commissioning, and handover phases.
Key requirements are to ensure:
- the safe design process is followed.
- integration of design with construction methodologies.
- design is fit for purpose.
- design meet the Clients requirements.
- Review progress and manage delivery or approved design in accordance with the design program.
- Ensure effective document control.
- Ensure any changes in scope, design or methodology are communicated to the construction personnel to ensure changes are incorporated in the construction planning.
- Identify variations and bring them to the attention of the client.
- Facilitate or participate in regular reviews with the Project Teams to evaluate alternative design and engineering proposals and ensure they are within the project budget and timeframe.
- Tertiary (Bachelor) degree in Architecture, Building, Construction, Engineering or Quantity Surveying.
- Project Engineer and operational experience.
- Multi-discipline project experience desirable in Building, Construction, Design.
- Experience in managing the delivery of projects for contracting organisations in Australia to tight program and budget specifications.
- Financial management knowledge including procedures, process and management tools.
- Stakeholder management, influencing and negotiation skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Organisation that truly values flexible working options.
- Training and Development to advance your career with us.
- Work on high-profile projects with ongoing career opportunities, in an essential service industry.
- Continued investment & industry leading research & development into sustainable practices that contribute to the circular economy, delivering on long term urban & transport infrastructure improvements.
- Championing health & safety initiatives for all our employees and visitors.
- Employee benefits & wellness program.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture that promotes the skills and insights of all its people irrespective of their gender, ethnicity, ability, age or sexual orientation.
We know teams perform best when they’re diverse and every team member feels like they belong and it’s our mission to unleash potential in every team.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.