Quality Control Mechanical Inspector
Location: Gold Coast
Job Type: Full time
Mineral Technologies is the global go-to partner for mineral processing solutions at every stage of the mining project lifecycle. Our strength is connecting the right solutions to the right project, so you never have to compromise on performance. Mineral Technologies has been working with customers in mining operations for over 80 years. a subsidiary of the Downer Group, and delivers innovative, cost-effective process solutions for Iron Ore, Mineral Sands, Silica Sands, Coal, Chromite, Gold, Tin, Tungsten, Tantalum and a wide range of other fine minerals worldwide.
Overview / Responsibilities
Mineral Technologies is currently seeking a Quality Control Mechanical Inspector to support Quality Control within the Factory and our supply chain. This role will report to the QC Team Leader.
- Applicant should have relevant trade qualifications (in a mechanical discipline) and the ability to identify quality and production improvements. Additionally, knowledge of welding will greatly advance your application.
- Create and maintain Inspection and Test Plans (ITP's) for the manufactured and procured products.
- Decision making on dispositions of inspected products. First-off and/or source inspections at Vendor premises.
- Maintain Calibrated equipment suitable production needs.
- Demonstration of commitment to continuous improvement.
- Being innovative in our Zero Harm and Quality initiatives.
- Potential overseas & interstate travel.
Skills / Qualifications
- Driver's license (C class) essential for supplier and sub-contractor visits.
- 5years’ plus in a trade qualified function, preferred fabrication function.
- 5years’ plus in a QC inspection function in a manufacturing supply chain.
- Experience planning measuring equipment verification and calibration.
- Proven ability to use a range of measuring equipment.
- Experience planning, scheduling, conducting and preparing Inspection/Test Reports (ITP's)
- CSWIP 3.0 Visual Welding Inspector.
- Quality Internal Auditor or similar desirable.
- Experience working in a material testing environment.
- Proven ability to prepare Inspection reports on Quality Standards and technical drawings.
- Proven ability to use Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and SharePoint