Cleaning Supervisor - Maternity Leave Cover
Job Type: Full time
Spotless (a Downer Company) holds three (3) Facilities Maintenance and Management Services Contracts with the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF). We are currently seeking a Cleaning Supervisor to join our team at Burnham Army Camp for an 8 month maternity leave cover role.
This is a business critical, hands-on role for which we are seeking an experienced Cleaning Supervisor, who can lead a team with empathy and ensure service delivery excellence for our customer.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
Our current Cleaning Supervisor is going on maternity leave, and we are looking for a superstar to replace her for an 8 month period. This is a hands-on leadership role that includes you delivering a cleaning run.
You will manage a team of circa 10 people and be able to ensure a consistent service is delivered to our customer. You will work with pace and aim to exceed customer expectations. You will be able to make good business decisions, with support provided by your Site Facilities Manager.
You will understand rostering and ensure that we have enough cleaners to deliver the required services across our Burnham Army Camp, Pegasus and Tekapo sites.
You will be a good communicator, have a happy disposition and be willing to go the extra mile!
Once the maternity leave cover role finishes, if you are interested, we will consider you for other roles in our business.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
- Previous experience leading a cleaning team.
- Experience working in a professional cleaning capacity.
- Experience using commercial or industrial cleaning products and equipment.
- Good communication skills
- Be organised and self-motivated.
- Good physical fitness to be able to clean manually.
- Attention to detail.
- Mid-level computing skills
- Current driver’s licence
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Spotless (a Downer Company) can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a professional team working in a collaborative environment. We can also offer:
- Access to a great range of corporate discounts and benefits including offers of subsidised insurance, subsidised health care, gym memberships, retail discounts and free counselling services etc
- Stable working environment and enjoy the work-life balance we have to offer
- Extensive training and development opportunities to help enhance your skills and advance your career.
- Plus, all relevant PPE provided to enable you to perform your role.
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 600653 .
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team.