Supervisor - Substation
Job Type: Full time
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- Safety equipment and clothing provided as part of the role
- Internal promotion encouraged, training and development on offer
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer
- A vehicle provided + free parking on site
Have a look at our other great benefits here! Or copy and paste the following link into your browser: people.downergroup.co.nz/downer-benefits/
Te kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
Downer Energy work with some of New Zealand’s largest asset owners and energy providers to maintain their critical networks and assets across the country. Our whole-of-life approach creates positive outcomes for all New Zealanders as we help to reduce carbon emissions, optimise energy, and build a better Aotearoa. There are more than 500 of us in the Energy team and we are committed to being kaitiaki – guardians of New Zealand’s future.
The purpose of the Substations Supervisor’s role is to successfully plan, schedule, manage and coordinate field employees, subcontractors, plant and equipment in the delivery of the work programmes. You will also ensure that the work is completed safely, on time, to an appropriate quality standard, and to achieve or exceed the given maintenance and job bid targets.
Nga pūkenga matua | Important Skills
- National Certificate in Electricity Supply (Electrical) Level 4 is preferred.
- Supervisory training and qualification at Level 4 desirable.
- Current Class 1 full NZ Drivers Licence, ability to drive a manual vehicle, or meet the minimum requirements to obtain this, and ideally a Heavy Traffic Licence.
- Hands on experience in Transmission substation installation and maintenance.
- A thorough knowledge of current regulatory and industry requirements.
- Basic/ intermediate computer literacy, ability to write brief reports.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with staff and customers, at all levels.
- Previous experience in leading teams essential, experience in a similar role preferred.
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here! Or copy and paste the following link into your browser: people.downergroup.co.nz/join-our-utilities-team/
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 600413
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team.