Commercial Finance Manager / Business Partner
Job Type: Full time
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company
- Flexible working arrangements
- New Rail Project: 2032 Olympics!
*** It is a requirement that applicants for this role have experience in the manufacturing industry
The Finance Manager will act as a business partner working closely with the General Manager to interpret and analyse financial results, project financial management, cost control support and evaluations. Primarily based in the Milton (Brisbane) office, the role will have work from home options after the initial stages. The team is in the early stages of creation, with enthusiastic, passionate members and led by a personable Commercial Finance General Manager, who doesn’t micro-manage.
- Analyse and interpret financial reports and analysis prepared by the Project Accountants for the Commercial Finance GM’s use
- Management of 3 Project Accountants, with 1 other Finance BP
- Analyse, interpret and report on financial and operational performance, seeking to identify and realise all opportunities for improvement.
- Assist with the preparation of divisional reporting, budgeting and forecasting in line with prescribed Downer RTS and Downer Group formats and methodologies
- Provide input into the Business Unit's strategic decision making process through the financial evaluation of strategic opportunities
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key internal and external customers & suppliers
- Tertiary Accounting qualifications & CA/CPA (or close to completion)
- 7 years’ experience in a similar Finance Manager / Finance Business Partner role within the manufacturing environment (*essential)
- Strong stakeholder experience in a Finance Business Partner / Senior Finance Manager role
- Proven experience managing a small team; coaching and mentoring skills
- Proven management skills (e.g. financial and business / commercial acumen)
- Advanced Excel skills: report development and management
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a changing environment is essential, due to the nature of team and project set up
QTMP provides a tremendous opportunity for suppliers across Fraser Coast, Queensland and Australia to partner with us as Australia’s leading passenger rail and transit systems provider. Downer is an Australian company, with a proud history of over 150 years at the forefront of Australia’s largest rollingstock contracts. Those projects have generated long-lasting capability and local expertise in engineering, manufacturing and technology across Queensland, Australia and New Zealand. Downer is committed to investing in Australia, having spent more than $5.5 billion in our Australian supply chain in the 2021 financial year alone. The announcement of new facilities to be constructed at two separate locations gives us the opportunity to further expand our supplier engagement across Queensland to support our ongoing projects in Transport, Utilities and Facilities.
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities across diverse markets such as Rail, Transport, Telecommunications, Utilities, Renewables and Construction.
Benefits for you:
- Newly acquired project: work with the team through the different project phases
- Positive, engaging manager who wants to see you succeed and has a focus on team culture
- Suite of Downer benefits including health and wellness initiatives.
- Exposure to alliance partners and the opportunity to grow your professional network.
- Be part of something meaningful and contribute to serving the community whilst focusing on your specialty!
Our aim is to create a workplace where people are respected and encouraged to fulfil their potential. We embrace all employee difference and foster a culture that supports diversity and inclusion. As such, we encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Click “Apply Now”.
*** Applications will not be accepted by email
For further information on this role, please email Bethany.Jones1@Downergroup.com noting the role details: Title, location etc. (Please note salary bracket cannot be disclosed. You will be required to list your salary expectation when submitting an application; if this does not align with our budgeted figure you will be notified accordingly.)
*** Approaches from recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this role.