Rivers & Drainage Spray Operator
Job Type: Full time
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- Safety equipment and clothing provided as part of the role
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer
- Internal promotion encouraged, training and development on offer
- Discounts for Samsung, Repco, PB Tech, Gym memberships and more!
Have a look at our other great benefits here!
Te kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
The Downer Greenspaces team have a reputation built through having great people, access to first class plant and equipment along with leading edge technology that allow us to deliver to the highest standards across New Zealand. Our teams are professional, focused on delivery of best practice on Parks Maintenance/Horticulture services to our clients and the members of the public.
A bit about the role
Primary to this role will be the management of the growth of vegetation near and within Rivers and drainage channels throughout the Marlborough district through manual means and the use of selected herbicides to contract specifications. Individual responsibility to be taken for self-management of allocated tasks, maintenance of plant and equipment and observational reporting.
Nga pūkenga matua | Important Skills
- Experience with weed eaters, chainsaws, hedge trimmers, mower and tractor would be an advantage
- Experience working near and on water
- National certificate in agrichemical application Aquatic Stream an advantage
- Ability to plan daily works, operate and maintain machinery without supervision
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here!
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 599166.
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team.