Transmission - Substation Team Lead
Job Type: Full time
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- Safety equipment and clothing provided as part of the role
- Internal promotion encouraged, training and development on offer
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer
- A vehicle provided + free parking on site
Have a look at our other great benefits here! Or copy and paste the following link into your browser: people.downergroup.co.nz/downer-benefits/
Te kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
Downer Energy work with some of New Zealand’s largest asset owners and energy providers to maintain their critical networks and assets across the country. Our whole-of-life approach creates positive outcomes for all New Zealanders as we help to reduce carbon emissions, optimise energy, and build a better Aotearoa. There are more than 500 of us in the Energy team and we are committed to being kaitiaki – guardians of New Zealand’s future.
The purpose of the Transmission – Substation Team Lead role is to successfully plan, schedule, manage and coordinate field employees, subcontractors, plant and equipment in the delivery of the work programmes.
Nga pūkenga matua | Important Skills
- Relevant Electrical Registration and current Practicing licence or meet the minimum requirements to obtain this if successful in employment.
- NZQA Level 4 Qualification or equivalent.
- A minimum of two years’ electricity transmission network experience, switching experience desirable.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Current full NZ driver’s licence (applicable classes)
- Sound verbal and written communication skills
- Physical stamina to carry out arduous manual work, often in trying conditions.
- Previous experience in leading teams is desirable.
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here! Or copy and paste the following link into your browser: people.downergroup.co.nz/join-our-utilities-team/
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 600420
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team.