Transmission Substation - Project Manager
Job Type: Full time
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- Internal promotion encouraged, training and development on offer
- Discounts for Samsung, Repco, PB Tech, Gym memberships and more!
- A vehicle provided + free parking onsite.
Have a look at our other great benefits here! Or copy and paste the following link into your browser: people.downergroup.co.nz/downer-benefits/
Te kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
Downer Energy work with some of New Zealand’s largest asset owners and energy providers to maintain their critical networks and assets across the country. Our whole-of-life approach creates positive outcomes for all New Zealanders as we help to reduce carbon emissions, optimise energy, and build a better Aotearoa. There are more than 500 of us in the Energy team and we are committed to being kaitiaki – guardians of New Zealand’s future.
The purpose of the Project Manager – Transmission Substations role is to manage assigned electricity projects to specification, quality within budget and within agreed timeframes. As part of the role, you will manage variations, procurement of project-related materials and equipment as well as financial planning, including progress claims and reporting. You will also lead by example, driving Zero Harm through operational excellence.
Nga pūkenga matua | Important Skills
- Proven Electricity Project Management experience, ideally with a major provider.
- A relevant qualification in Electrical Engineering or similar or proven experience in a similar role.
- Current Class 1 full NZ Drivers Licence.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including MS Project.
- Practical knowledge of engineering design standards.
- Sound commercial acumen, strong time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A thorough knowledge of current regulatory and industry requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with staff and customers, at all levels.
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here! Or copy and paste the following link into your browser: people.downergroup.co.nz/join-our-utilities-team/
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 600425
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team.