People & Culture Business Partner
Location: Brisbane, Maryborough
Job Type: Full time
Downer Rail and Transit Systems (RTS) is committed to providing the highest quality Rollingstock & Overhaul services for both the local QLD and greater Australian markets. We are currently seeking an experienced People & Culture Business Partner to join our team to support our Maryborough Service Delivery Centre and the QLD region.
This role is responsible for providing Business Partnering support to RTS QLD based Operational & Support teams, with a strong focus across workforce strategy, talent management, workforce development & change management. The position will interface with specialist teams, inclusive of recruitment, learning & development, and industrial relations, ensuring the provision of seamless support to customers across the HR lifecycle.
As the P&C Business Partner representative you will contribute to the development and implementation of HR strategies that will add value to the business, assist managers to lead and facilitate change management programs and provide guidance and coaching to managers and employees.
You will also provide HR expertise and advice to internal clients and maintain a presence on site at Maryborough . Workforce Planning is key in this role so you must be able to analyse the skills and qualities required for current and future work and interact with other stakeholders to meet any identified gaps.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources/ Organisational Psychology or similar discipline
- Experience in supporting operational management with the implementation and interpretation of EA Industrial Instruments
- Experience with supporting EA Negotiations
- Extensive experience in blue collar/operational environments and interfacing with multiple union organisations
- Strong working knowledge of HRMS systems
- Extensive experience in HR business partnering
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Sound knowledge of the principles and practice of contemporary human resource management, including relevant legislation such as the Fair Work Act, workers' compensation legislation and anti-discrimination legislation
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work autonomously towards a required outcome and be proactive and collaborate within a team
Downer believes that our employees are fundamental to the culture and success of the company. Our people enjoy working for us because we offer a challenging, diverse but rewarding work environment. Downer Group takes pride in being an employer of choice taking responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate and the environment.
What we offer
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team
- A workplace focused on Zero Harm; safety is at the core of everything we do
- Competitive remuneration and career development.
The Fraser Coast continues to boom as record numbers of Aussies move from capital cities to smaller towns and communities where there are more jobs available than ever before, and an idyllic laid-back lifestyle combined with year-round perfect weather. The Fraser Coast is located just 3 hours north of Brisbane, it is centred on the twin cities of Hervey Bay and Maryborough and contains Fraser Island – the world’s largest island. The Fraser Coast region provides a desirable lifestyle surrounded by nature, with long sandy beaches, vibrant communities, abundant marine life and pristine parks.
If this sounds like your next exciting role with an ASX listed organisation, then we would love to hear from you!
APPLY NOW or for further information please email: Sonya.Chandra@downergroup.com
Applications will not be accepted via email, please apply via the link.
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply.
Downer Group is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity. We strongly encourage Females and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply.