Senior Commercial Manager
Job Type: Full time
At Downer Utilities, we work with our customers to provide the vital services that connect people and communities. We provide a range of end-to-end services for the utilities sector, encompassing traditional power and gas, renewable energy, water, metering, telecommunications, and technological services. Using innovative thinking and progressive technology, our unique expertise makes us the partner of choice for network owners and utilities providers across Australia.
Downers Performance, Commercial & Risk team are expanding to continue to meet the needs of our ever-growing business. As such, we are seeking to appoint a Senior Commercial Manager to support our Power Transmission team. This role will primarily focus on the delivery of existing contracts but may extend into the pre-contracts space in the future.
Our Commercial team consists of a variety of personalities that are equally valued and respected. As an objective leader, you are willing to challenge, investigate and provide solutions whilst ensuring a culture of continuous development complimented by your ability to coach and mentor your team. Your motivation, self-discipline and desire for professional advancement will fit well within the existing team dynamic.
We are seeking candidates who hold the below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commercial Management/Economics/Law or equivalent discipline.
- A strong track record of experience in the commercial management space, ideally gained within the construction industry.
- The ability to interpret and understand contract mechanisms to a gold standard.
- A flexible and adaptive approach. Our business is complex and at times you will be working with multiple stakeholders whilst overseeing a team of Commercial Managers, Contract Administrators etc.
As an employee of Downer, you may benefit from a range of career support programs, wellbeing packages and financial benefits, available through us and our selected partners. These include:
- Novated leasing & offers on a range of vehicles.
- Discounted health insurance, travel, accommodation & technology products.
- Offers and cash back on selected shopping portals.
- Investment in professional growth supported by your peers and senior leadership.
- Structured career path opportunities supported by a robust Commercial Operating Model with the opportunity to work within different areas of the utilities space.
- Cutting edge in-house developed IT systems to streamline and maximise commercial performance.
For further information contact:
Bonnie Lowson | Recruitment and Sourcing Business Partner | firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement.