National Programme Manager
Location: Auckland, Auckland, Wellington
Job Type: Full time
Te kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
Downer holds a long-term Asset Management and Facilities Management contract with the Department of Corrections and the Ministry of Justice nationally.
Reporting to the National Manager Corrections & Justice, the role of the National Programme Manager is to work with the customer to plan, execute, and deliver Projects and the Programme of Works. The scope of projects will generally be where the site delivery teams require technical support and or where the scale of activity cannot be delivered within BAU activity. There will also be instants where national programmes of work covering multiple sites will be required.
The Programme of Works comprises of singular projects up to 5m with a large volume of activity at a lower value delivered through a large project team dispersed across New Zealand.
This role is responsible for insuring delivery of all projects in the Programme of Works to agreed deadlines, within budget and meeting company commercial requirements. The National Programme Manager will assist in the definition of the Programme of Works and Projects objective, in conjunction with the Asset team and the agencies to ensure the strategic initiatives of the programme are fulfilled.
Nga pūkenga matua | Important Skills
To be successful in this role, you will bring us great relationship management skills, good financial and commercial acumen, proven programme management and a collaborative working style. You will lead from the front and set the example for your teams to follow. You will also bring with you:
- Minimum 5 years’ current experience: within the construction industry for a Tier 1 or Tier 2 contractor delivering multiple projects up to or exceeding 1 million dollars
- Highly process driven and work within Downer Standards
- The contracts leadership team is made up of a highly performing collaborative individuals so core strong, collaborative team skills are required to fluidly merge into this successful team with ease
- Strong analytical and numeric skills and demonstrated successful financial / commercial acumen
- Experience in driving operational activities to ensure work quality is achieved, work is completed to schedule and rework is minimised
- Hold a relevant tertiary qualification in building science or engineering or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Sound knowledge and experience of best practice project management methodologies and techniques that support effective project planning and management
- Highly effective planning, reporting and prioritising skills
- Effective communication and report writing skills
- Excellent and effective problem solving skills
- Significant experience in managing Project critical programmes in large complex organisations preferably government
This role requires regular and frequent national travel to all regions within NZ but can be planned to work within your schedule.
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- Company vehicle and work phone included
- Travel discounts available
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- Discounts for Samsung, Repco, PB Tech, Gym memberships and more!
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer
- Progression and development programs on offer including our inspiring leader’s programme for top performers
Have a look at our other great benefits here!
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here!
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 600323.
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment.