Location: Gold Coast
Job Type: Full time
Working with customers in mining operations for over 80 years, Mineral Technologies, a subsidiary of Downer, delivers innovative, cost effective process solutions for Iron Ore, Mineral Sands, Silica Sands, Coal, Chromite, Gold, Tin, Tungsten, Tantalum and a wide range of other fine minerals worldwide. Due to continued business growth we are seeking a Process Engineer or Metallurgist to join our North American team.
Reporting to the Senior Product Engineer, the Design Drafter will be responsible for creating fully detailed assembly models and related general arrangement and production drawings for Mineral Technologies’ proprietary equipment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Create fully-detailed 3D equipment models in Solid Works that can be used by the manufacturing team to efficiently manufacture the modelled equipment
- Search and correctly identify existing assemblies and equipment models in PDM and incorporate them into new project models
- Create general arrangement and detailed shop drawings for all equipment models, ensuring use of correct manufacturing symbols and adherence to Australian standards (or other standards specified by the customer)
- Create bills of materials for equipment models
- Peer review other team members modelling and drafting works
- Contribute to a continuous improvement culture by suggesting methods to improvement practices and make tasks and workflows more efficient.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Solidworks modelling and drafting experience for the purpose of manufacturing
- Highly proficient at Solidworks; ability to produce 2D CAD models in other software packages; proficient skills in Microsoft office products (outlook, excel, word), previous trade experience and/or exposure to mining industry is advantageous.
- High attention to detail, Ability to understand and clearly communicate technical details with stakeholders, Ability to adopt standard work practices and work unsupervised, Continuous improvement mindset
WHAT WE OFFER
- A long-term career opportunity, working in a globally connected, culturally diverse and well-established organisation.
- On the job and formal professional development opportunities.
- A competitive remuneration and benefits package in a safe and stable working environment.
- The opportunity to work with a world leading, OEM manufacturer and design team for physical separation equipment and plant design.
You’ve got this!