HSEQ Quality Auditor
Location: Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Dandenong South, Darwin, Fyshwick, Perth, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
Downer is seeking a skilled and experienced HSEQ Quality Auditor (Health, Safety, Environment and Quality) in the Rail Industry to join our dynamic team. As a HSEQ Quality Auditor, you will play a critical role in ensuring the safety, quality and compliance with standards of our rail operations. If you are passionate about maintaining high- quality standards and ensuring a safe working environment, this is the perfect opportunity for you to make a significant impact.
The HSEQ Quality Auditor will be responsible for analysing all elements of a quality system and judge its degree of adherence to the criteria of industrial management, quality evaluation and control systems. The position will also drive process improvement by highlighting opportunities for improvement and make recommendation of best practice.
This role will be the focal point for all TDS(The Downer Standard) and Document Management System related enquiries for projects and sites including providing guidance and training as appropriate.
- Conduct regular supplier and internal audits to ensure compliance with industry standards, regulations, TDS and company policies
- Assist in quality system improvement projects and support implementation and provide technical training to end users as required
- Evaluate and assess the effectiveness of our processes and provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Collaborate with cross- functional teams, including procurement, suppliers, project managers, engineers, and field personnel to implement corrective actions and preventative measures based on audit findings
- Develop comprehensive audit reports, documenting observations, non-compliances, and opportunities for improvement
- Stay up to date with industry best practices, emerging trends and regulatory changes to ensure our rail operations adhere to the latest standards
- Conduct training sessions and workshops to enhance awareness and understanding of quality and safety protocols among employees
- 3-5 years proven experience in quality and auditing in the rail industry, with a strong understanding of rail operations and associated risks
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering and/or associated qualifications
- Lead Auditor Certification will be highly regarded
- Experience of audit preparation and planning, management of audit performance, reporting and driving the audit corrective and preventive actions process
- In depth knowledge of relevant regulations and standards ISO 9001:2015, ISO 19011, ISO 10007, ISO 31000
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail, with the ability to identify potential issues and recommend appropriate solutions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Extensive knowledge of Business Management Systems and the Integration requirements
- Knowledge of basic statistics, including measures of central tendency, measures of dispersion, qualitative and quantitative analysis, process variations and sampling methods
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple audits simultaneously
Join our team and become an integral part of our commitment to maintaining the highest standards of safety, quality and compliance in the rail industry.
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and opportunities for professional growth and development.
If this sounds like your next exciting role with an ASX listed organisation, then we would love to hear from you!
APPLY NOW or for further information please email: Sonya.Chandra@downergroup.com
Downer is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace where individuals from all backgrounds and experiences are valued and respected. We believe that diversity sparks innovation and leads to better decision-making. We encourage applicants from underrepresented groups to apply and assure all candidates that their applications will be treated with fairness and impartiality. At Downer we strive to create an inclusive environment that promotes equal opportunities for everyone.