Driver Operator - Roller Driver - Wainui
Job Type: Full time
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- Time and a half after 45 hours of work each week
- Full-time (40 hours) guaranteed, and overtime is available during the Summer season. Get paid even if work is delayed due to the weather!
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer
Have a look at our other great benefits here!
Te kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
Downer remains at the forefront of our industry by employing the best people and having the courage to challenge the status quo. Here’s your chance to join the Wainui team where we take pride in taking on projects, big and small and delivering them to world-class standards - every time!
Working within our Maintenance team, you will primarily operate our Roller Machine, grading unsealed roads to reshape and re-compact the road fabricating a finish that ensures water will flow away from the centre after rain. You will also operate a range of other machinery including graders, excavators, and trucks as and when required.
- Ensure efficient use of materials, supplies, and equipment
- Assist with transport, load and unload of machinery to and from sites
- Working as part of a cohesive team to deliver to client requirements
- Use hand tools from time to time to get the job done
Nga pūkenga matua | Important Skills
With some civil construction experience under your belt, you will be confident operating within a team and independently as required. You will be comfortable using machinery and hand tools to get the job done. You’ll also have:
- Full Class 1 Driver Licence
- Wheels, Trackers, Rollers (WTR) endorsements (beneficial but not essential, we can help with training)
- Show commitment to safe work practices
- Be reliable and hard working
- Enjoy working outdoors and keeping physically fit
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here!
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 600443.
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team.