Special Class Welder – Shutdowns
Location: Albury, Auburn, Bathurst, Bega, Canberra, Cardiff, Chatswood, Clyde, Cobar, Cootamundra, Dubbo, Eastern Creek, Enfield, Eveleigh, Forbes, Fyshwick, Gladesville, Goulburn, Grafton, Granville, Griffith, Guildford, Gunnedah, Homebush, Ingleburn, Kirrawee, Kooragang, Kooragang, Lane Cove West, Lithgow, Maitland, Minto, Mogo, Mount Thorley, Mudgee, Narrandera, New South Wales, Newcastle, North Ryde, North Sydney, Orange, Parkes, Parramatta, Port Kembla, Queanbeyan, Rhodes, Rosehill, Saint Marys, Silverwater, Singleton, Sydney, Tamworth, Teralba, Thornleigh, Tweed Heads, Wagga Wagga, Werris Creek, West Pennant Hills, Wetherill Park, Windsor, Wollongong, Young
Job Type: Casual
WHAT WE OFFER
- Casual roles at Bayswater Power Station Major outage in Muswellbrook, NSW with potential for other project/shutdown work
- Staggered start dates from late August , running until approximately mid-December
- Monday to Saturday roster – days – 7am -6pm & nights – 7pm -6am
- EBA rates $44.58 p/h + site allowance + 25% casual loading + penalties on overtime
- LAFHA or Accommodation + meal allowance provided to distant workers
Our Facilities and Asset Services business has opportunities for casual Special Class Welders for upcoming maintenance services and outages in Muswellbrook, NSW . You will provide your expertise in welding within a maintenance or shutdown environment ensuring that work is completed safely, effectively, and to the required standard.
- Trade qualified Welder and must be able to pass an X-ray weld test on the boiler tube prior to commencing on-site. Proven experience on power station projects and/or shutdowns.
- Have the ability to work effectively within a team with well-developed communication skills with a commitment to the safety and well-being of yourself and your colleagues.
- Hold an industry White Card, Working at Heights, and Confined Spaces (3-year validity).
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application online via the advertisement – we do not accept email applications. For queries, please contact Leone Lithgow, Recruitment and Sourcing Business Partner Leone.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Downer Facilities & Asset Services business provides end-to-end facilities management and asset lifecycle support services for Australia’s critical social and economic infrastructure. Operating across the health, education, government, future energy, power generation, oil and gas and industrial sectors, we work closely with our customers to optimise the reliability, efficiency and whole of life costs of their assets and facilities.