Project Administrator - Mt Messenger Alliance
Job Type: Full time
The NZ Transport Agency along with its delivering agency the Mt Messenger Alliance, is constructing a new section of SH3, between Uruti and Ahititi to the north of New Plymouth in Taranaki which is located entirely within the rohe of Ngati Tama. This new section of SH3 will bypass the existing approximately 7.4km steep, narrow and winding section of highway at Mt Messenger.
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services across Aotearoa. Our commitment to building long-term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
We are looking for a Project Administrator with a “can-do” attitude to support our Business Support Manager to carry out a wide range of administration functions for the Project Controls and wider Mount Messenger Alliance Team, assisting with the overall smooth-running of the day-to-day business functions.
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled Project Administrator who would like to work in a project environment and is ready for a busy work environment.
In addition to the delivery of general administration, reception and support tasks, your responsibilities will also include providing professional customer service to stakeholders, including clients and visitors and providing administration support to Alliance Stakeholders. You will also use Alliance and Business systems to meet and exceed regulatory requirements and ensure that administration functions are consistently carried out to a high level of service in accordance with Alliance policies, procedures and regulations.
- Experience and knowledge of administration processes, and exposure to corporate organisations.
- Experience using accounting software, such as JD Edwards, Speedscan, SAP
- Computer skills, accurate data entry, proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Can work autonomously or as part of a team whilst handling conflicting priorities
- Reliability and discretion: you might become aware of confidential matters
- Excellent Communication, negotiation and relationship-building skills
- Proven organisational, planning, problem-solving, time management and communication skills
- Self-motivated individual who displays initiative and attention to detail
- Proven well developed interpersonal and relationship building skills
What’s on offer:
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in our diverse business. The environment is challenging and rewarding. We offer the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment. We offer a competitive remuneration package, and our focus for our people is training and development, so this gives excellent opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 600574 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.