Trainee Laboratory Technician
Job Type: Casual
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We also offer:
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- Discounts for Samsung, Repco, PB Tech, Gym memberships and more!
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer
- Progression and development programs on offer including our inspiring leader’s programme for top performers
Have a look at our other great benefits here!
Te kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
Based at our Auckland Penrose Laboratory and reporting to the Laboratory Manager, you will provide a testing and technical support services for projects throughout the North Island. Our laboratory is responsible for ensuring all products - such as asphalt, construction aggregates and soils are tested, to the appropriate quality, standards and customer specifications. This role will include laboratory, field testing and pavement investigations, giving a great variety of work and the opportunity to work in different locations.
Nga pūkenga matua | Important Skills
You’ll preferably have some laboratory experience, both in laboratory-based testing and in fieldwork, but this is not essential. You’ll also have:
- A student studying science as a tertiary qualification will be an added advantage but not required
- Strong attention to detail with solid MS Excel & Word skills
- The ability to work as part of a team and with some leadership experience
- Excellent communication skills
- A current full Class 1 driver’s licence
You will also need some flexibility to work at night and during weekends when the work demands. You will be motivated to take on several different tasks for different people and enjoy solving problems and delivering outcomes to customers. The current team enjoy working together and having fun whilst getting the job done
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here!
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 600300