Job Type: Full time
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment. We also offer:
- Overtime opportunities
- All the tools of trade you need to do your job
- Discounts for Health Insurance, Samsung, Repco, PB Tech, Gym memberships and more!
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer
- Great promotion and career development opportunities
Have a look at our other great benefits here https://people.downergroup.co.nz/downer-benefits/
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
Downer holds a long-term Asset and Facilities Management contract with the Department of Corrections and the Ministry of Justice. We are currently seeking a NZ Registered Electrician to join our high performing team based at Northland Region Corrections Facility. This role involves a hands-on practical approach, provides an opportunity for an ambitious and resilient individual who can work in a high performing maintenance team.
You will work in a robust environment undertaking of scheduled maintenance, first response, whiteware appliance repairs and reactive activities to mitigate disruption to the customer’s activities and business all while ensuring safe working practices are implemented and take corrective actions where required.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
We would love to hear from candidates who have the following attributes:
- NZ registered Electrician with a strong background in commercial/light industrial & domestic electrical work
- Current and full NZ Practicing Electrical Licence
- Ensure Electrical compliance with New Zealand standards are maintained and documented
- Proactive with a strong customer service ethic
- Hold current full driver’s license
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site people.downergroup.co.nz/join-our-facilities-team/
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 600339.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.