Transmission - Electrical Fitter/Maintainer
Location: Taranaki, Waikato
Job Type: Full time
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer:
- Free access to Marram health care benefits and discounted holiday homes
- Safety equipment and clothing provided as part of the role
- Internal promotion encouraged, training and development on offer
Have a look at our other great benefits here! Or copy and paste the following link into your browser: people.downergroup.co.nz/downer-benefits/
Te kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
Downer Energy work with some of New Zealand’s largest asset owners and energy providers to maintain their critical networks and assets across the country. Our whole-of-life approach creates positive outcomes for all New Zealanders as we help to reduce carbon emissions, optimise energy, and build a better Aotearoa. There are more than 500 of us in the Energy team and we are committed to being kaitiaki – guardians of New Zealand’s future.
We are seeking 7 experienced Electrical Fitters to join the team based in Taupo and Stratford, working across both regions. In the role, you will work on construction and maintenance replacement projects of network equipment and installations. You will work to establish stakeholder relationships, identify, and implement risk control measures and complete other tasks within the team as required. This role requires knowledge about the power distribution field from your previous experience which will demonstrate your technical ability with a broad range of work, a commitment to producing a quality job every time and taking pride in your results. You’ll also be a strong communicator and a positive team member also able to work alone.
There are 7 vacancies for this role based around Stratford and Taupo and their regions. The wage for this position sits between $35 to $44 per hour depending on experience and qualifications.
Nga pūkenga matua | Important Skills
It is essential that you are an experienced Electrical Fitter with knowledge of the power industry and can offer:
- Relevant Electrical Registration and current Practicing licence or meet the minimum requirements to obtain this if successful in employment. Please search here for further details: https://www.ewrb.govt.nz/becoming-an-electrical-worker/registering-with-overseas-qualifications-experience/before-you-apply/
- NZQA Level 4 or equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ experience including high voltage transmission is desirable.
- Current Class 1 full Drivers Licence, ability to drive a manual vehicle and ideally a Heavy Traffic Licence is desirable.
- A strong commitment to safety including sound knowledge of the Safety Manual Electricity Industry (SMEI) and Safe Practices for Low Voltage Electrical Work
- Able to work away from home as required
- Available for rostered standby
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site here! Or copy and paste the following link into your browser: https://people.downergroup.co.nz/join-our-utilities-team/
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 600421.
We are committed to a safe working environment for everyone - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test, medical and a Ministry of Justice check prior to starting employment. If you need support with this requirement, please talk to our team